Pages

Monday 15 April 2013

Leila Rudge and TED

Leila working on some of the illustrations for TED.
Leila Rudge answers Booktopia's Ten Terrifying Questions - here's a snippet below, or read the whole piece here.

What did you want to be when you were twelve, eighteen and thirty? And why?


When I was small I used to spend hours sat on the studio floor of family friend and illustrator, Jan Lewis. I made hundreds of little books complete with blurbs and bio. When I was about twelve, Jan offered to send one of my books to her publisher for review. They responded with such a kind and encouraging letter that my mind was made up – I was going to be a children’s book illustrator. Then, now and always (hopefully!)...read more


A little more about TED, with a peek inside:

Ted is a smart dog, with his own jumper. But he has lived at the pet store for as long as he can remember and nobody seems to notice him. Will Ted ever find the perfect place to live?


Credits: Text and Illustrations © 2013 Leila Rudge. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment